[Libreoffice] [PUSHED] First Patch

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Nov 3 04:39:41 PDT 2011

Hi there,

On Wed, 2011-11-02 at 19:08 +0100, Emanuele Fia wrote:
> This is my first patch.

	So - welcome ! :-) really great to have you involved. As you can see
there is a lot of unused code to remove, and it's great to have more
hands on it.

> I'm trying to remove unusedcode.easy but i cannot find a lot of
> function ( i'm searching by opengrok ).

	Probably the recommended way is to use 'git grep' which will just grep
the sourcecode eg.

	git grep BufferNode::childAt

	for example, to find another unused method.

> I have to remove also form unusedcode.easy the function removed ?

	I imagine so; although Caolan is really the expert here. I tweaked your
patch a little, so as you may need to:

	git reset -hard HEAD~1 # warning this looses the head commit

	before running ./g pull -r to avoid conflicts (assuming you didn't do
any more commits yet).

	A thing that really helps us, is if you could send a mail to the list
with a blanket license for your commits: of the form you can see linked
into the developers wiki here:

	https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Developers

	It'd be great to have that to keep our records straight:
"All my code submissions are made available under MPL/LGPLv3+" or
somesuch ? :-)

	Anyhow ! the CurrencyBox stuff seems like it might be a good place to
investigate if you want to do a bigger chunk of cleanup here; are you
able to compile after changing things ?

	Thanks again for getting involved, be great to see you on IRC:
#libreoffice-dev, irc.freenode.net as well.

	ATB,

		Michael.