[Libreoffice] [PUSHED] String->rtl::OUString and removed unused code in vcl

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Fri Nov 4 00:35:47 PDT 2011

On 11/03/2011 09:30 AM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 11/03/2011 01:40 AM, August Sodora wrote:
>> It seems to me that class ApplicationAddress in vcl/svapp.hxx is
>> unused and that ApplicationEvent has two useless fields, one for the
>> application address and another string that is always empty and never
>> compared against or modified. I've attached a patch that cleans this
>> up a little bit and switches from String to rtl::OUString but
>> unfortunately I cannot compile the code that is in aqua, etc. Does
>> someone who has this capability mind building this and making sure
>> that nothing broke in those few areas?

Pushed now as
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=e04249337551653f63ba9b2a2302578961e38562>.
  Some notes:

- Changed the code in sfx2/source/appl/appdde.cxx again, so that it does
not replace '\n'->' ' within '"'-quoted substrings.  That's how the
original appears to have worked.

- Added
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=fb17dce09e29c4518129587d347cc3787f74c396>
so that newly introduced ...append('\n') does the right thing
(traditionally, that would have been written as
...append(sal_Unicode('\n'))).

- Not sure whether changing ApplicationEvent::aEvent from UTF-8 to
UTF-16 is really useful, but changed that afterwards with
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=e66e54fb00bf74d13b7059bd32b6207a029afa5e>
anyway, more aggressively optimizing aEvent into an enum.

- August, <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Developers>
does not have a link in the "License" column for you.  Can you please
add one?  (And I assume your contributions are the standard LGPL3+/MPL1.1?)

Thanks again,
Stephan