[Libreoffice] External versus internal

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon Nov 7 02:24:48 PST 2011

On Sun, 2011-11-06 at 15:50 -0800, Nuzhna Pomoshch wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I tried posting this query to the libreoffice users list,
> and was told that I should try posting it to the
> developers list instead.
>

> I am trying to compile libreoffice 3.4.3.2 from source.
>

> ./configure --help says:
>
> --with-system-libs      Use libs already on system -- enables all
> --with-system-* flags except mozilla and
> odbc/sane/xrender-header(s).
> --with-system-headers  Use headers already on system -- enables all
> --with-system-* flags for external packages whose
> headers are the only entities used i.e.
> boost/vigra/odbc/sane/xrender-header(s).
>

> Sounds good to me (I want to use the internal
> version of all programs). So I plugged in (I have
> reformatted to one line per option for readability):

> No package 'libwpd-0.9' found
> No package 'libwpd-stream-0.9' found

You asked to build against external libraries, but you don't have an
external libwpd that satisfies the requirement of >= libwpd-0.9.

Either
a) don't build against system libwpd, e.g. --without-system-libwpd
b) bump your system libwpd to >= 0.9

Best thing really, is to do just
$ ./configure
$ make
and don't mess around with the configure options :-)

C.