[Libreoffice] SDK LibreOffice How to get document as object?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Tue Nov 8 08:20:44 PST 2011

Hi Clemens,

On Tue, 2011-11-08 at 15:55 +0100, webmaster at csz-online.de wrote:
> I'm currently working on some data format exportation tests with the
> LibreOffice SDK and Java. I want to develop an addon, which can export
> the current opened file in another dataformat.

	Sounds fun :-) if it is a generally useful one, I'd strongly recommend
doing it as native C++ in the core - it'll be very substantially faster,
and of course we can then ship it with the core product.

>  I already have some converter-methods, which can be used. The only
> thing I need is to get access to the opened document in some Java
> object(s).

	The normal way to do this would be with some ODF <-> [other]
transformation in a filter. An example of an import filter that does
validation, in java is here:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/filter/source/xsltvalidate/XSLTValidate.java

> I already tried to search in the development manuals of LibreOffice
> and OpenOffice but there was no result. Perhaps anyone of you guys
> could help?

	Cf. above, if you can help write up a nice nice page in the LibreOffice
wiki, with some sample / template / "Hello World" / skeleton code making
this easy as you unwind it, that'd be much appreciated.

	All the best,

		Michael.