[Libreoffice] SolidMarkHandles

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Thu Nov 10 02:18:39 PST 2011

Hi,

Stephan Bergmann schrieb:
> On 11/08/2011 10:29 PM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>> Given that SolidMarkHandles is listed in com.sun.star.text.ViewSettings,
>> it is unclear to me whether it should indeed be removed?
>
>  From private replies I received, I gather that the above was probably
> not phrased clearly enough to get my point across. Let me rephrase: "As
> class SwXViewSettings (sw/source/ui/uno/unomod.cxx) claims it
> supports UNO service com.sun.star.text.ViewSettings, and that
> published service contains a SolidMarkHandles property, I do not think
> it is sound to remove support for it from SwXViewSettings towards LibO
> 3.5 (instead of, say, a potentially incompatible LibO 4)."
>
> An alternative, if SolidMarkHandles is really useless, bogus, and---with
> sufficiently high probability---not used by any external clients, would
> be to remove it from the published UNO API for LibO 3.5 (making it
> technically incompatible, but in a way that---hopefully---nobody
> notices). I gather that this alternative is already discussed (off this
> list) and that Tim's patch posted to this thread would just achieve that.

I do not understand, why SolidMarkHandles should be removed. It works as
it should. If it is set to TRUE, you get the 3D-Handles, and if it is
set to FALSE, you get the flat handles. It is the same setting as the
icon "Simple Handles" (= .uno:HandlesDraft) in Draw. You have no UI for
it in Writer, but need a macro to change it. But why removing it?

Kind regards
Regina