[Libreoffice] iOS and convert to PDF

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Thu Nov 10 22:03:09 PST 2011

>  That's quite normal, you've read README.cross ? :-) also more concrete
> details on the specific problems would be good.

Also, http://www.iki.fi/tml/libocon2011-xcompiling.pdf gives an
overview of LibeOffice cross-compilation in general.

> I've had some difficulty building it.

Please give more details. (On this list, not in private mail.)

The master branch is obviously a moving target. For a month or so I
haven't attempted iOS compilation, so some slight problem might have
popped up.

(I just tried to run autogen.sh for iOS and indeed noticed a problem
in the checks for libxslt. Will fix up that.)

>  Tor's also doing some nice work to shrink what is compiled and included
> by adding a DESKTOP flag that is not set [when compiling for] these devices - to shrink
> the big blob

Well, the DESKTOP flag is more to just avoid wasting time on compiling
completely unnecessary "modules"--- also in the parts that do get
compiled now there surely is lots of stuff that doesn't make sense on
portable devices.

>  Finally some small amount of wrapper logic to run the moral equivalent of:
>
>        ./soffice --convert-to pdf foo.docx

Yup. Something like that should be doable relatively soon, as the
LibreOffice code obviously for such usage doesn't display anything or
require any interactive input. But all the C++ and UNO stuff still
needs to work, of course, and there is lots to do there.

--tml