[Libreoffice] Howto develop an extension with URE?

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Nov 14 00:06:33 PST 2011

On 11/12/2011 03:09 PM, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Ok, next step - is it correct that I don't need a custom rdb anymore? The
> example formerly created an own rdb but is now using offapi.rdb from basis-
> link/program
> The old rdb creation procedure also used some libs which are not there anymore
> - remotebridge.uno.so and bridgefac.uno.so

Conceptually, there are two kinds of rdbs, those for types and those for
services.  For types, LibO itself uses a types.rdb in the URE layer (for
the general URE types) and an offapi.rdb in the basis layer (for the
office-suite-specific types).  For services, LibO similarly uses a
services.rdb in the URE layer and one in the basis layer.

> Now when I try to use the provided rdb I get an error when I try to load a
> document:
> "LoadFromUrl failed: Binary URP bridge disposed during call -
> file:///home/chehrlic/Dokumente/test.odp"
> Out of curiosity the documentloader example can load my document and I can't
> find a difference between the example and my code.

"Binary URP bridge disposed during call" indeed hints at broken
plumbing, like the two ends of the bridge using different type
descriptions (which appears unlikely if you use the offapi.rdb from
LibO's basis layer---together with the types.rdb from LibO's URE layer)
or something like that.

The easiest would be if you presented a (stripped down) version of your
failing code.  It might be that you fail to include the URE's types.rdb,
for example.

Stephan