[Libreoffice] TextSection, TextCursor and component

Cedric Bosdonnat cedric.bosdonnat.ooo at free.fr
Mon Nov 14 00:56:21 PST 2011

Hi Knut,

On Mon, 2011-11-14 at 00:02 +0100, Knut Olav Bøhmer wrote:
> Is it allowed to insert a TextSection in to a document which was
> created from another document?

Honnestly, I don't know what is allowed and what is not in that area.
Clearly, this doesn't sound good and if you can insert a section created
by the target document instance it would be better. This is an
unspecified behavior and may be subject to changes, so take care if you
use it ;)

> Next question. Can I create a TextSection if I only have a xTextCursor
> or a xTextRange?

The global factory can't create that service and the cursor / text range
have no idea what document they're in... so I'ld say no.

I hope this helps,

--
Cédric Bosdonnat
LibreOffice hacker