[Libreoffice] using ATL with MSVC 2008 Express

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Tue Nov 15 01:12:36 PST 2011

Regina Henschel wrote:
> I have build with VC Express _and_ atl, see
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnWindowsWithCygwinAndMSVCExpress#Getting_ATL_work_with_Visual_Studio_Express

Hi Regina,

cool, many thanks for preserving that knowledge -

> But I had to edit Env.Host.sh to set the correct paths. Is it
> possible to use a parameter in the autogen.sh call?

Sure, would you want to have a go at it? Ideally, you could try to
auto-detect the presence of the DDK, like for the normal SDK (look
for 'cat
/proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/MicrosoftSDK/InstalledSDKs'
etc) - dunno where the DDK installer stores that, but surely it'll
be somewhere in the registry.

Then, store that info in some WINDOWS_DDK_HOME, add a
AC_SUBST(WINDOWS_DDK_HOME) to configure.in to have it exported, and
then tweak set_soenv.in (around line 660 here) to use that for
ATL_INCLUDE and friends.

HTH,

-- Thorsten