[Libreoffice] [PUSHED, partial] Remove NULL checks from delete

Andrew Douglas Pitonyak andrew at pitonyak.org
Wed Nov 16 18:05:11 PST 2011

On 11/10/2011 05:14 AM, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-11-09 at 18:05 -0500, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:
>> I assume that this would check for an array as well.
>>
>> I would feel safer if pointers were set to NULL (or nullptr if we
>> support C++11) since it is not safe to delete a pointer twice.
> ?, convert all delete to e.g. DELETEZ, i.e. delete foo, foo = NULL ?
> Wouldn't be a fan of that, c++ is the language that it is, need to live
> with that and not try and make it something that it isn't.

Setting a pointer to NULL after deleting the contents of the pointer is
safe so that if you go to delete it again it is not a problem.

Sorry, I do not understand your reply with respect to trying to make C++
something that it is not.... and I would really like to understand.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php