[Libreoffice] ReleaseNotes wiki page function

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Nov 17 02:37:07 PST 2011

Hi Olivier,

	This basically comes down to: who is Lboccia in the wiki ?

On Wed, 2011-11-16 at 20:55 -0200, Olivier Hallot wrote:
> I see in the 3.5 features page the following
> (http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/3.5 ):

	:-)

> "Hide default extensions: default extensions can be hidden in the
> extension window. See attached image."

	This looks like another addition by "Lboccia" - it'd be good to unwind
who that is. They seem to have added a number of features that don't
exist (along with some that do). I suspect some confusion as to the role
of the page: which is clearly not "speaking features into being" ;-)

> Bug 39748 - [EasyHack] Cleanup extensions list ?
> Has this bug been solved?

	No - but it'd be great if you're on it :-) hopefully the code pointers
are helpful there.

	Wrt. cleaning up the 3.5 features page I did some more dung-out:

	This:

* Blocks gallery:
:Each user could create a block from a group of objects and to share it
with other users through the DocumentFoundation server. In such a way,
there will be the possibility to have a big online clipart gallery
directly available in Libreoffice. Blocks will be collected in galleries
and they can be simply inserted in other designs.

	Doesn't exist either AFAICS, and is clearly highly aspirational.

	The "document comparison" stuff looks like a (nice) UI mockup as well,
that shouldn't be there (already removed).

	Other examples are:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/index.php?title=ReleaseNotes/3.5&diff=prev&oldid=36752

	Are these two accurate:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/index.php?title=ReleaseNotes/3.5&diff=prev&oldid=34990
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/index.php?title=ReleaseNotes/3.5&diff=prev&oldid=34987

	Or just wish-list items ? :-)

	So - I think there was just some confusion about the function of the
page (sadly). I've clarified the rubric at the top to make it clearer (I
hope): that it refers to new features that really exist already.

	Hopefully the text is also improved so it reflects reality again. It is
sad however to have pointed people at this page and not noticed this
inaccuracy for a while; still - our official release notes should be
accurate now, and there are more features missing from that page.

	ATB,

		Michael.