[Libreoffice] URE bootstrap - error establishing connection ?

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Fri Nov 18 11:51:27 PST 2011

Hi,

When I try to connect to libreoffice over a uno socket
(com.sun.star.bridge.UnoUrlResolver) in most cases I need to try at least two
times because the socket is not (yet) open:

Cannot establish a connection using
'uno:socket,host=localhost,port=2083;urp;StarOffice.ServiceManager': Connector
: couldn't connect to socket (Erfolg)

At least this is what I would interpret into this error message. Is this
correct? Then the solution would be to wait a little bit longer until I try to
connect to libreoffice if this helps...

Now the document loader example mentions another uno mechanism:

NOTE: This example does not use the new UNO bootstrap mechanism, it uses still
a socket connection.

Does this mean the socket connection is deprecated? And if so - what's the new
way and can someone give me an example? :-)

Thx,
Christian Ehrlicher