[Libreoffice] [Libreoffice-qa] Improving the QA and Release for 3.5

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Sat Nov 19 07:56:06 PST 2011

Cor Nouws wrote (13-11-11 21:20)

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Improving_QA-Release-3.5

>> I'm afraid "Try to get more testers doing the testing earlier" will be
>> the critical/limiting condition.
>> [...]
>
> You are perfectly right there!
> (This information was contained in the slides that I did not include in
> the version linked from that wiki :-\ )
>
> The idea here is the following:
> When a beta is announced, many people jump in to test. Now it would be
> great if we could attract (part of) that group to start working with the
> developer builds asap after feature freeze!
> (Arrows #1 on slide 23)
>
> Would that make sense?

So, while at our 4th Dutch LibreOffice (Hackers) event, we discussed this.
Since in The Netherlands we have both a busy Sinterklaas fest and a long
Christmas time, and we are already in the end of November, there is
little change in organising a successful test-event in December,
Anyway not for us.
A test-event, was one of the ideas from the presentation (1), slide #24

So we think about January 21, convenient for all involved here.
But looking at the release plan, that is just after the RC1 for 3.5.0.
Which is sad, because the goal is to get more people test early, thus
after the first/second build after feature freeze...

  - Would it be an idea to work parallel in some countries (France,
Germany)...?
  - January 21 is a possibility..
  - But another moment earlier too, so that some of us (Nl/Flanders)
could join virtual?

What do you think?
Cheers,

Cor

1)
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Liboconf2011_improving_qa_release_cycle-cornouws_Slides19-28.pdf

--
Prima office software - niet duur, wél vrij ?!
         http://www.nieuwsteoffice.nl/

--
  - Cor
  - http://nl.libreoffice.org