[Libreoffice] [REVIEW] try to improve automatic detection for Windows building

julien2412 serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Sat Nov 19 17:58:16 PST 2011

Hello,

Following the thread
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Registry-keys-for-Windows-compilation-tp3521322p3521322.html,
I proposed 2 patches.
oowintool patch :
- adds a function to search directly in the Windows registry if the value
isn't found in Cygwin map registry.
- in reg_find_key, the fact that value is defined seems not sufficient to
tell if that it's ok, so I added test if not empty.

configure_in patch :
- According this url
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Windows_Build_Prerequisites, one can
compile SeaMonkey with 2008 version, so why stay stucked with 2005 since
2008 version is advised.

- for WINNT only, we could "simply" use ANT_HOME standard environment
variable, couldn't we ?

http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n3522110/patch_oowintool.txt
patch_oowintool.txt
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n3522110/patch_configure_in.txt
patch_configure_in.txt

Moreover, I also added on this page
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Windows_Build_Dependencies#Windows
that for Windows SDK, you must use archive and not the default installation
if you haven't got last Windows version.
I noticed too that this doesn't work :
cd /bin
rm awk
cp gawk.exe awk

Instead I did this :
cd /bin
rm awk
cp gawk.exe awk.exe

But since, i haven't compiled yet, I prefer waiting for the moment

Julien