[Libreoffice] Assertions and Logging

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Tue Nov 22 06:05:27 PST 2011

On Mon, 2011-11-21 at 17:53 +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> So, from a practical standpoint, failing smoketest on failed SAL_WARNs
> would be right.  On the other hand, there might be SAL_WARNs that
> legitimately fire during smoketest (a trivial example would be if we
> purposefully tested illegal input during smoketest),

Given the pain of getting the smoketest warning free, We could policy
that smoketest is warning free, while unit tests are ok to have
warnings, they should be encouraged to explore the edge-space where
warnings can be expected.

Only thing left unresolved from my perspective is whether warnings on
windows works.

C.