[Libreoffice] Assertions and Logging

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Tue Nov 22 06:48:00 PST 2011

On 22/11/11 13:54, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
>> Agree. The only valid reason for not having all debug tools compiled in is
>> runtime performance and binary size.
>
> Which brings up the question: Should my attempts to use the MSVC
> debugging runtime (and debug code in its headers, i.e. -D_DEBUG) when
> using --enable-dbgutil be reverted? It currently is not possible to
> build that way anyway, you get compilation errors. I spent some weeks,
> on and off, trying to get rid of those, but finally gave up. Or does
> somebody else feel like continuing?

ah, you have disabled --enable-dbgutil altogether for MSVC?
that seems like throwing out the proverbial baby with the bathwater.

if the MSVC debug stuff is indeed too difficult, then just comment it
out, put in a comment that says FIXME, and re-enable the
--enable-dbgutil stuff, that way windows devs at last get some
assertions and internal consistency checks.

regards,
 michael