[Libreoffice] Assertions and Logging

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Wed Nov 23 02:04:08 PST 2011

On 22/11/11 15:51, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
>> if the MSVC debug stuff is indeed too difficult, then just comment it
>> out, put in a comment that says FIXME, and re-enable the
>> --enable-dbgutil stuff, that way windows devs at last get some
>> assertions and internal consistency checks.
>
> But you can't build it with --enable-dbgutil ... configure.in says:
>
>     # Compiling with MSVC using --enable-dbgutil (i.e. using the
>     # debugging runtime, and defining _DEBUG when compiling) just
>     # causes too many compilation errors. After having spent some
>     # months slowly fixing them one by one, having reached sw, I give
>     # up. Feel free to try again.
>
> --tml

hi Tor,

sorry, apparently i have difficulties expressing myself clearly:

what i meant was that, given that (if i understand you correctly)
--enable-dbgutil not working on windows is caused not by any code in LO
but only by use of the MSVC debug runtime, then --enable-dbgutil should
just not enable the MSVC debug runtime on windows.