[Libreoffice] help asked/offered for bug 36555

Winfried Donkers W.Donkers at dci-electronics.nl
Wed Nov 23 02:14:33 PST 2011

>So, just to check I understand right, when you say the error messages are "the same with different line numbers", it means the following?
The rror messages are
configure: creating ./config,status
./configure: line 6255: test: too many arguments (6 identical lines)
configure: error: could not make ./config.status
make: *** [dmake/dmake.exe] Error 1

>Then, I'd like to look at the values of "$ac_delim_n" and "$ac_delim_num"; insert
> printf "%s: '%s'\\n" '***** ac_delim_n' "${ac_delim_n}"
> printf "%s: '%s'\\n" '***** ac_delim_num' "${ac_delim_num}"
>just before the line:
> if test $ac_delim_n = $ac_delim_num; then
result is (appart from error messages as above) 6 times
***** ac_delim_n: 'File STDIN:
'8 lines match
***** ac_delim_num: 'File STDIN:
'8 lines match

>Can you try in a shell:
>printf 'a\nb\na\nb\na\nb\na\nb\na\nb\n' | grep -c a
>It should output just "5" (and a newline) and nothing else.
correct :)

>If I'm right, then an immediate fix for the "test: too many arguments"
>error is to replace the line
>  if test $ac_delim_n = $ac_delim_num; then
>by
>  if test "$ac_delim_n" = "$ac_delim_num"; then
I did, result is that it passed this part of configure.
Now I get the following:
MAKE version 5.2 Copyright (c) 1987, 2000 Borland
Error makefile 871: Colon expected
*** 1 errors during make ***
make: *** [dmake/dmake.exe] Error 1

(On the machine is installed (it was already there) Borland C++Builder and QtCreator, with paths to Borland directories)

>But I would like to understand how they come to have a weird value.
I hope my information helps...

Winfried