[Libreoffice] final and override

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Nov 28 02:25:36 PST 2011

On Mon, 2011-11-28 at 09:03 +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> VOS_NAMESPACE etc. stuff, e.g.), we will likely need macros for new
> features that can be enabled for compilers that already understand them,
> without breaking the code for legacy compilers.

	I believe the Mozilla guys augment this stuff by having an LLVM plugin
that does the validation of the keywords on top of the compiler. That
seems like a sensible approach to me.

	On the other hand; I'd (personally) prefer to use some defines to
create the 'override' and 'final' keywords (as they will be in future).
Defining them to 'virtual' or even empty would do, if they are not
present in the compiler. cf. glib's provision of a stock 'inline'.

	That should help reduce code thrash, and hideous ugliness ;-) keeping
us closer to more readable, standard C++.

	HTH,

		Michael.