[Libreoffice] Eclipse: Libre Office integration help

Cedric Bosdonnat cedric.bosdonnat.ooo at free.fr
Mon Nov 28 05:31:30 PST 2011

Hi,

On Mon, 2011-11-28 at 16:51 +0530, deenadayalan k wrote:
> Thanks for pointing to references (URL's).

By the way I answered on the mailing-list, it's just because I don't
want to hold such an interesting discussion privately. Please reply to
the mailing-list too: this is archived and could help people coming with
the same question later. I won't even answer to your next private email.

> <
> You can also find some similar code in OOEclipse:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/ooeclipse/tree/core/source/org/openoffice/ide/eclipse/core/office
> >

> How can i download the above ../tree/core/source/..? using git?

Sure it's a git repository.

> This seems to a eclipse plugin
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/ooeclipse/tree/core but in this folder hierarchy, 'office' is a folder at ../source/org/openoffice/ide/eclipse/core/office, is this good enough to open a 'open office' in my own Eclipse RCP application or should i need to download http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/ooeclipse/tree/core/source?

The whole thing is not even intended to open a document from within
Eclipse. As I said, this is not the code I refer to in the links I gave
you... but another example of how to bootstrap LibreOffice from an
Eclipse plugin. That code is simply getting useful data from the
LibreOffice installation to help developing LibreOffice extensions.

> To integrate the 'open office' in my own RCP application, should i
> need to install the open office in my computer or i could download the
> required *.jar files and then i can create eclipse 'reference
> library' (as another plugin) that can be referenced by the actual RCP
> application (which opens the excel in open office).

I never liked the embed-the-jars-in-the-plugin attitude and that's why I
never re-used Ubion's code. To be more independent from the installed
version, you should use the installed Jars.

Just to be clear: I don't want to dive again in that mess and haven't
done it for years. The best I can do now for you is to give you the
links and some code pointers to help you, but that's now done. I won't
do the work for you even though I did it once!

Regards,

--
Cédric Bosdonnat
LibreOffice hacker