[Libreoffice] Remember the RTL interface

Matteo Casalin matteo.casalin at poste.it
Tue Nov 29 02:12:36 PST 2011

Hi all,
   just a quick reply until I can sit in front of my own pc. As
Michael said, I'm (slowly) cleaning up decoview, and I can see two
points related to this issue:
1) Wrong direction of arrow: actually, the arrow depicted in Lior's
screenshot does not seem to be drawn by decoview's (there's no such a
kind of arrow implemented). I currently don't know where this issue
should be properly addressed, but I suspect it's an higher-level than
decoview itself, which cannot decide what the arrow is needed for and
so if it needs to be reversed.
2) Mirroring of checkmarks: in decoview there's a strange bug-related
comment which says roughly "don't mirror checkmarks in RTL", following
by code that actually mirrors them. My questions are then: should they
be mirrored or not, and what does really appear on an RTL environment?

I don't know if I have the knowledge to address point 1 (I'm just a
beginner in LO codebase, maybe some directions could help), while
point 2 could also be something that need to be addressed.

related to point 1, I suspect (no proof by now) that some of decoview
routine are not called in favor of some themes or platform dependent
ones. This could also be considered for example for argumenting on
point 2.

Hope to provide more details/feedbacks later.
Thanks
Matteo

(29/11/2011 10:37)