[Libreoffice] errors in idl files

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Tue Nov 29 04:20:33 PST 2011

hi Tomas,

[i am assuming you accidentally replied just to me, not to the list?]

On 29/11/11 12:30, Tomas Hlavaty wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Michael Stahl <mstahl at redhat.com> writes:
>> which is a remnant from the dialog layout attempt and i have removed it
>
> thank you for the fixes.
>
> Is the UNO IDL syntax specific to libreoffice or is that somehow set in
> stone?  It seems to me that the idea of using preprocessor is completely
> unnecessary.  It's pretty much only used to look up dependencies
> (topologically sorted).  Couldn't this be simplified by a simple
> convention like in Java class lookup as we already have all idl files
> "systematically stored" in a directory tree?

the IDL syntax is specific to UNO, and the URE is the basis on which OOo
and LO are built.

i definitely agree with you that there is no reason why IDL files need
to be pre-processed with cpp; it would be much simpler to have some kind
of import syntax like in Python or Java or any modern languague.

Stephan said he was interested in changing something there, but not
using cpp would definitely be a change that breaks backward
compatibility of the URE, and could only be done for LO 4, if at all.

> Cheers,
>
> Tomas

regards,
 michael