[Libreoffice] [Libreoffice-qa] QA ideas for 3.5 WAS Re: Improving the QA and Release for 3.5

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Wed Nov 30 01:06:18 PST 2011

Cor Nouws píše v Út 29. 11. 2011 v 21:36 +0100:
> Hi Petr,
>
> Petr Mladek wrote (29-11-11 16:42)
> > Cor Nouws píše v Út 29. 11. 2011 v 15:34 +0100:
> >> Petr Mladek wrote (29-11-11 11:54)

> >> I saw your note in an earlier mail yes. But did not really think about
> >> it, sorry.
> >> Is it a good idea if for the next 7/8 weeks we focus on as much testing
> >> as possible and that we after that try to encourage people to help with
> >> writing tests cases?
> >
> > I would encourage people to do both. Testing is important. On the other
> > hand, the written tests help to avoid duplication. Also they are
> > inspiration for people that have less experience. Note most of the test
> > make sense to duplicate on Windows, Linux, and MAC.
>
> I'm afraid that too much emphasis now on the need to write test cases,
> distracts people from what is needed most now: testing testing and testing..

Yup, I agree that testing is more important and we do not need to
emphasize writing test cases that much.

On the other hand, I have heard very often that l10n teams and testers
were confused by the new release process (time-based, all localizations
at the same time). I guess that they do not know much about Litmus and
the recently updated QA wiki pages, ... I hope that the recent changes
might give them some light and show how to cooperate in LO release.

Best Regards,
Petr