[Libreoffice] concept for c++ based subsequenttests

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 30 05:59:24 PST 2011

Hey guys,

after we enabled subsequenttests in sc again we have now a lot of
failing tests. Instead of debugging the java based tests I plan to
rewrite them in c++ and fix them during that.

I have attached a first patch that is only porting one part of a
failing test to c++. It would be nice if someone could have a look at
it and comment on my concept. The test itself is a bit ridiculous and
I think the original author did some concept mistakes in this test.

Here are some comments from me:

- based on macros_test, and therefore loads a testfile through
Desktop::loadComponentFromURL
- inits the UI like the old subsequenttests
- having test files instead of code that fills the cells make it
easier to use the test data outside of the test ( e.g. debugging a
problem, having a testdocument with known result for some actions)
- only a little bit of code needed for a new test, most code is shared
with our in-build tests
- porting old tests is straightforward
- does not need an installation
- needs much more makefile lines than the old tests ( there might be a
solution to this )

The concept needs still a lot of love and is only intended as starting
point. I hope that this makes debugging subsequenttests easier and
writing new tests as easy as writing in-build tests.

Do you have comments or suggestions?

Regards,
Markus