[Libreoffice] I need some advice to fix fdo#40363

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Wed Nov 30 09:45:31 PST 2011

On 30/11/11 12:10, Eike Rathke wrote:
> Also fixed the misrepresentation of years<1000 with less than 4 digits

we did that? oops. i didn't know that...

> in the file format and enabled reading dates with less than 4 digits in

... so thanks for fixing my importer to match the old broken exporter :)

> the year, so reading the original testcase document produces the desired
> result:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=7613359985a89a42417a746bcdbb25f072784733

> + // A leading ^+ is NOT invalid, ISO 8601 specifies this for explicit AD/CE.

for ODF the normative reference is W3C XMLSchema, and its lexical
representation does not allow +YYYY:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#date

but i don't object to adding that as an extension to the import, though
it makes it more difficult to detect if somebody breaks the export by
adding a '+'  :)