[Libreoffice] concept for c++ based subsequenttests

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at suse.com
Wed Nov 30 18:30:18 PST 2011

On Thu, 2011-12-01 at 01:17 +0100, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 06:22:11PM -0500, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> > So, this suggests that we first write test in python, then later rewrite
> > it in C++, or would python tests stay in python?
>
> It wouldnt scare me if quite a few would not be promoted to C++, so I wouldnt
> force people to do rewrites. One could keep the Python tests as the broad
> base providing wide code coverage and rewrite to C++ whenever it appears
> sensible (e.g. test is too slow in Python or test is fast and often violated
> and thus should become an in-build test). After all a test that succeeds is not
> really interesting, once the test fails -- or even crashes LO -- it is getting
> interesting.

Ah!  Now I got the whole picture.

My fear was only that, once we pick python everybody would have to write
tests in python, which, judging from your above comment, is not what you
are proposing at all.

I'm all fine with it as long as those who want to write test cases in C
++ are allowed to do so.

Cheers,

Kohei

--