[Libreoffice] String::CompareIngoreCaseToAscii

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Sat Oct 1 13:03:56 PDT 2011

Hi August,

On Sat, 2011-10-01 at 13:09 -0400, August Sodora wrote:
> I'd like to try my hand at updating some uses of tools/string to
> OUString

	Great stuff :-)

>  and I noticed that OUString is missing an analogue to
> CompareIgnoreCaseToAscii, but the implementation of
> equalsIgnoreAsciiCaseAsciiL calls the exact rtl_ function I want

	Heh ;-)

>  I tried to add a compareIgnoreAsciiCaseAsciiL using this function
> but I get unused parameter warnings.

	So it really helps if you're discussing code to send a prototype patch
so we can see what is going on more quickly :-)

>  Is there more to the procedure of adding a function to OUString
> that I am missing? (Is this even the right thing to try to do?)

	It sounds at least reasonable to me. The normal thing is to add new
in-line functions to ustring.hxx, that saves punching a hole in the
(accursed) map file for libsal (in sal/util/sal.map) - which is
necessary if you add a new C function.

	I assume you're missing the const char * variant of the existing:

    sal_Bool equalsIgnoreAsciiCase( const OUString & str ) const SAL_THROW(())

	in ustring.hxx ?

	Which parameter are you not using ? - it'd help to have the warning
output too.

	Thanks !

		Michael.