[Libreoffice] ExternalLib.mk rpath gotchas

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Tue Oct 4 03:13:04 PDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-10-04 at 11:49 +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 10/03/2011 12:45 PM, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> > A better solution might be to put a stock "libtool" into our tree, patch
> > it to smuggle the correct gb_LinkTarget__RPATHS entry into the link
> > line, and then always copy our patched libtool over preexisting libtools
> > when we unpack "external" tarballs in our build ?
>
> Sounds good to me.

It might all be a bit moot really. We build on windows with msvc, and
configure doesn't know about msvc's command line options, nor does
libtool, so a good bit more work would be required to e.g. teach
autotools about msvc and regenerate configure tool chain with said
modified autotools, and/or use one of the cccl derivatives to wrap msvc
with a script to translate gcc-alike arguments into msvc equivalents.

C.