[Libreoffice] OOo CWSes

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Oct 5 03:23:38 PDT 2011

Hi Michael.

On Tue, 2011-10-04 at 11:55 +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:
> is there a plan to integrate the outstanding OOo CWSes into LibO?

	We are considering how best to do this.

> over at ApacheOOo, the following CWSes with a 3.4 target have been
> integrated on top of that:

	So - this is a complex area.

> - calc67
> - calc68

	As a general rule we're very nervous of non-expert merging calc CWS'
they need careful review and preferably approval by Kohei & team.

> these shouldn't contain substantial changes but only release-critical
> bugfixes. on the other hand, the LO code base has diverged a bit, so who knows what
> could break by merging these.

	Quite.

> i guess we should take a look and merge anything looking useful into
> master, then see what breaks :)

	An unthinking merge is (I think) not helpful. For licensing reasons, we
would want to re-use an Apache merge, yet their licensing situation is
not that clear: it appears they are still distributing and creating
LGPLv3-only licensed code.

	So - in general, I'd really prefer not to try to tackle this now,
though it'd be good to discuss it at some stage.

	Thanks,

		Michael.