[Libreoffice] oox/source/drawingml/customshapepresets.cxx is just (Offensive Word Found In Message) too much for gcc

Radek Doulík rodo at novell.com
Thu Oct 6 02:28:02 PDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-10-06 at 04:13 -0500, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
> > One thing I noticed. It might be useful to run tinderboxes without gcc
> > optimization (ie. with -O0). It makes huge difference in compile time -
> > more than 10 times faster on my system and could make the tinderbox
> > turnaround much faster.
>
> Yes, but the generated daily build would be less usefull that way and
> possibly hide optimisation-induced bug until the last minute.

I thought the point of tinderboxes was to check quickly whether the tree
is buildable and report failure if not. I would consider differences
between whether an optimized or a non-optimized compilation would
complete to be compiler bug and ignore these. IMO, I would prefer
quicker turnarounds. Even more when the turnaround can be in order of 10
hours.

OTOH, we would need first to see how much would -O0 save for the whole
build.

Cheers
Radek