[Libreoffice] oox/source/drawingml/customshapepresets.cxx is just too much for gcc

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Thu Oct 6 03:29:00 PDT 2011

Hi Tor,

On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 11:18:24 +0300
Tor Lillqvist <tml at iki.fi> wrote:

> The only solutions I see are:
>
> 1) Either we should get some really really bad-ass Windows tinderbox,
> *and* make it use ccache (i.e. investigate whether kendy's port of an
> old ccache version really works correctly, or re-port a current ccache
> to support MSVC).

1a) Or we use gerrit to coordinate tinderboxes, so that the moderately
bad-add Windows tinderbox only tests stuff that succeeded on a fast
Linux tinderbox. After all, quite a lot of stuff will break on both
platforms and there is no use in testing on a slow one what has already
failed on a fast one.

> Obviously "we" (for some value of "us") can't enforce that on
> volunteers, only bosses can on their paid developers ;)

Just an additional note: In general, I fully expect volunteers to fix
breakers they introduced on _any_ platform. That is the only way it can
work sensibly. However with our current setup that is more than
volunteers can do, which is why we need to change the situation. To get
volunteers to fix breakers they introduced, we need to make sure it is
a rare occurrence with clearly assigned responsibility. Mailing 200
people "one of you broke master on Windows" isnt helping anyone.

Best,

Bjoern

--
https://launchpad.net/~bjoern-michaelsen