[Libreoffice] oox/source/drawingml/customshapepresets.cxx - generated code ...

Radek Doulík rodo at novell.com
Thu Oct 6 07:16:46 PDT 2011

Hi Michael,

On Thu, 2011-10-06 at 14:57 +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	How hard would it be to make the auto-generation part of the build, and
> to remove the generated cxx ?

it not possible as the cxx code is generated by impress itself, running
debug build. If I change it to run the perl scripts at build time, we
will need a log file containing all the code in the git, and the log
file is even bigger.

What would help is to rewrite the debug dumper in the
customshapeproperties.cxx to generate some simpler (ie. no UNO API
involved) structures and add few methods generating UNO properties from
them at runtime.

I plan to do that, but later in the game, when I fix the remaining
issues - or at least the worst of them. It's in the master only now, so
hopefully not a big deal until we will get close to the next release.

OTOH, it is quite isolated part, so if there's someone who volunteer to
improve the generation meanwhile, I can point to the important pieces to
change. It will mostly mean changing the dumper code to more specialized
one - aware of possible structure of the properties - and generating
simple structures containing the data. Plus adding the code for loading
the simple data and outputting UNO data at runtime.

Cheers
Radek