[Libreoffice] installation fails because of missing MSVCR90.dll

Jesús Corrius jesus at softcatala.org
Thu Oct 6 11:01:34 PDT 2011

Hi Regina,

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 7:53 PM, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've finished 'make build' on WinXP. Now I have installed administrative
> with 'setup.exe -a' with the setup.exe from
> instsetoo_native/.../install/en-US. It unpacked the files without problems,
> but when I try to run soffice.exe I get an error about missing MSVCR90.dll.
>
> Other versions with administrative installation does not have this problem.
>
> Do I miss something after 'make build'?

What version of the compiler are you using for the build? If it's
Visual Studio 2008 the C runtime libraries version 90 are installed
with the compiler and it would be very strange that it doesn't find
them...

In any case, can you post the output of the error that you can find in
"Administrative Tools" -> "Event Viewer" -> "Applications"? That
output can probably give us more hints about the problem.

Thanks and regards,

--
Jesús Corrius <jesus at softcatala.org>
Document Foundation founding member