[Libreoffice] installation fails because of missing MSVCR90.dll

Jesús Corrius jesus at softcatala.org
Thu Oct 6 13:11:38 PDT 2011

Hi Regina,

> mt.exe : general error c101008c: Failed to read the manifest from the
> resource of file "soffice.exe". Der angegebene Ressourcentyp wurde nicht in
> der Image-Datei gefunden.
>
> I'm not sure that I call it right. I'm in Cygwin and set source, change to
> the folder with soffice.exe and call

You did it right. Everything points to the problem Tor mentioned.

Although it should be possible to fix the the generated binaries and
run the build (embedding manifests to the executables by hand), in my
opinion it is way too much work and not productive at all. So I
wouldn't do it without a good reason.

I would like to be able to help you more here, but I guess the answer
has to be "the Windows build is broken, someone has to fix it, and
then you should rebuild".  Maybe you are interested at poking at the
makefiles and try to fix this problem yourself? :)

--
Jesús Corrius <jesus at softcatala.org>
Document Foundation founding member