[Libreoffice] [~PATCH] British hyphenation of American English texts

Németh László nemeth at numbertext.org
Fri Oct 7 08:41:04 PDT 2011

British and American English are different in their hyphenation (eg.
pleas•ure and plea•sure), but OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice use also
British hyphenation for American English texts. The attached patch
change dictionaries.xcu to fix the problem, but it seems, this is not
enough for the fix.

If I right remember, I have reported this problem (maybe newly
introduced in OOo 3.3) for OOo, thinking that this problem is only a
configuration problem. Maybe a quick solution is to separate en_US and
en_GB dictionary extensions.

Best regards,
Laci