[Libreoffice] dmake/win95: deprecated directory ?

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 11:11:25 PDT 2011

2011/10/9 Pierre-André Jacquod <pjacquod at alumni.ethz.ch>:
> Hello,
>>
>> dmake is 3rd-party software,
>
> thanks,
>
> with "One git", not being familiar with all part of the code and the
> structure, not always easy to know what is LO and 3rd-party.
>
> Should it not belongs to "external/" ? Or what is the semantic there ?
>
> Or would it make sense to have at the top level a directory (like 3rdparty)
> to put all these in - I guess zlib, lucene or m4 are the same kind of code
> ?)
>
> Would be easier to understand the structure..:-)

dmake being the exception, but in general, external module are in the
form of a tar.gz. if in a module you seen only makefile and patches...
it is 'external'.

dmake is the exception to that rule... but with the name and all all
the noise about gbuild vs dmake, one should not be too confused about
it.

Norbert