[Libreoffice] XToolbarController createItemWindow() issue

othman othmanelmoulat at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 14:20:35 PDT 2011

Hi all,
I'm trying to write a java complex toolbar . i used a component addon that
implements XToolbarController. i implemented the createWindowItem() method
which takes controls from a custom Dialog and add them to toolbar  Window.
this works well when i load the extension in Libreoffice. But i want to have
more control over the toolbar Window instance returned by createWindow(). i
want to dynamicall add/remove controls from this Window createItemWindow()
at runtime based on some Global events.
I think that method createItemWindow() is called once when extension toolbar
is created and there is probably no way to request this method on runtime am
i right?
so my questions:

-is the createItemWindow() method only requested once at custom toolbar
creation?
-what if i need to dynamically re-create the Window createItemWindow() at
runtime to update the controls inside the Window returned by
createItemWindow() method? can we do that, and if yes how?
-is there a way i can get an instance of my toolbar so i can add and remove
controls dynamically at runtime? if yes how can we do this (in java
preferably)

thanks