[Libreoffice] gdb: catching exceptions...

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Mon Oct 17 13:12:57 PDT 2011

since my smoketest failed again today, i've distracted myself a bit with
GDB Python scripting, the result of which is a command that can break
when an exception is thrown, but only if a certain function (which is
given as parameter) is on the stack.

seems to work, but it is quite slow: finding the smoketest exception in
SfxBaseModel::getTitle takes GDB 4 minutes of CPU time.

now probably somebody will tell me that i'm too stupid to RTFM and there
is a much simpler way to do this :)

regards,
  michael