[Libreoffice] Decoupled NSS and Mozilla in the build

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Tue Oct 18 03:20:13 PDT 2011

Hi,

Markus found out that when you provide --disable-mozilla, you lose the
xml security features provided by NSS.  After:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=d37209912b44f5accee73e7f774122b195fe2183

it shouldn't be the case any more.  NSS is not built in the moz module
for quite some time already, instead the internal NSS is used, so the
decoupling was a matter of few fixes; hopefully it is OK now.

If you want the previous behavior (ie. no NSS, no XML security), please
specify --disable-nss-module additionally to --disable-mozilla.

After this, I believe the only use of Mozilla (module moz) in our build
is the Mozilla address book.  Or do you know of any other use?

Regards,
Kendy