[Libreoffice] make experts: progress information?

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Wed Oct 19 22:35:49 PDT 2011

Hi LO Make experts,

Is it possible to get subproject build progress information dynamically
from Make?  Among other things, moving all projects to tail_build
currently reduces the usefulness of the Zenity SVG clock build progress
meter.  I'm looking at snippets like

http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/6843

Which is a sexy command line solution for a single Makefile.  What I
don't know is how well something like this could be implemented for our
many scattered makefiles.

Beyond myself, are others interested in having a finer-grained
indication of "where is the build currently in the whole process?"?

Kevin