[Libreoffice] minutes of tech. steering call ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Oct 21 06:57:27 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-10-21 at 14:51 +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> > That would of course mean shipping some
> > duplicate legacy MSVC++ compiled libraries, but ... surely do-able.
>
> It would not suffice to ship them, one would also need to build them.
> Kind of back to square one.

	For windows - shipping a pre-canned set of compiled compatibility
libraries doesn't look too disgusting to me; at least - it seems a lot
less disgusting than using MSVC++ and cygwin :-)

	tar xf ure-bincompat-win32-tgz

	is not in itself such a horrific outcome from a cross-compiled solution
(assuming the build of that is well documented, should you happen to
have lots of time and a proprietary system + compiler to do it). Clearly
someone needs to build them once.

	HTH,

		Michael.