[Libreoffice] [PUSHED] Frac function in BASIC

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Oct 21 07:11:40 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-10-21 at 08:45 -0400, August Sodora wrote:
> Interesting, I'll take a look at those documents. I had actually
> initially thought that adding something to the BASIC language would be
> more controversial than adding a calc cell function :)

	Heh :-) well, the direction we're trying to take StarBasic is towards
more VBA compatibility; so - if this function is used in VBA and has the
same semantics, there is no problem it should get it straight in.

	Wrt. calc there is a lot more UI & documentation work to do there of
course; and the 'FRAC' function appears not to exist for me in Excel -
so there are a number of interop problems that rear their head when this
comes up. ie. if someone uses it in calc, do we try and map this to a
combination of other functions when we export to xls/xlsx ? or ... ;-)
it gets a bit nastier there.

	Looking at it, though I don't believe that VBA does have this function
( does it ? ), as such there is no huge problem adding it - but it could
impact interoperability in the future.

	Anyhow - Noel liked it, so I pushed it :-)

	Could you send a mail confirming your work is under the MPL/LGPLv3+ and
add yourself to:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Developers

	Thanks,

		Michael.