[Libreoffice] gbuild: use gb_CHECKOBJECTOWNER to check for double linked objects

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Fri Oct 21 12:02:41 PDT 2011

On 21/04/11 18:33, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 18:24:57 +0100
> Michael Meeks<michael.meeks at novell.com>
> wrote:
>
>> 	If not, it sounds like we should have it always enabled (?),
>> particularly if we can cleanup the issues it finds :-)
>
> Enabled by default on master with:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/bootstrap/commit/?id=9c028fe3ff8b5db3f367d19d4fc9f99470a0d13d
>
> use "make -sr gb_CHECKOBJECTOWNER=" to explicitly disable.

hi all,

have replaced this implementation with a new, faster one:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=3e5eece31d93ed378613991c8a8bbe451aa5c081

this is also always enabled, and there is now no way of disabling it
(i.e. gb_CHECKOBJECTOWNER is removed and does nothing) because i could
not measure a difference in performance with it enabled/disabled.

but perhaps that just means my new machine is too fast; perhaps somebody
wants to benchmark it on their netbook/Alpha box/ARM wristwatch; you can
disable it temporarily by reverting the commit, or checking out the
parent and using gb_CHECKOBJECTOWNER=, which disables the old
implementation; then do 'time make -nsrj8" in tail_build.

regards,
  michael