[Libreoffice] unowinreg.dll usage

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Sun Oct 23 04:48:38 PDT 2011

> I can't think of any reason... :)

I think the idea is that when an extension written in Java is distributed
(in binary form), you are supposed to bundle this DLL, for use by the
extension on Windows. Or something like that. The knee-jerk reaction "OMG my
Linux purity is soiled by some Windows DLL" is perhaps understandable, but
there actually is some solid reasoning behind this. Now, why you wouldn't
then need to bundle a corresponding shared library for any random Unix you
want the extension to work on, too, I don't know.

--tml