[Libreoffice] [REVIEW-3-4-4] )one more needed) fix ole automation bridge handling of SAFEARRAY (fdo#38441)

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Oct 26 12:26:03 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-10-26 at 19:49 +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:
> On 26/10/11 18:55, Noel Power wrote:
> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=3fcb94311fd7dd40c05ca132e3a30a888316cbbe
..
> have no clue when it comes to OLE automation, but after reading the bug
> your patch looks like it could help and even if not it doesn't break
> anything that isn't already broken :)

	The code is similarly opaque to me :-) if you're happy it is tested and
works I don't know that we'll find any more competent reviewers. It is
slightly concerning to me that this method has seemingly been using a
SAFEARRAY since 2000:

commit 5840ee38df56933c54dcaaa6ec4e4ba01f173f6c
Author: Joachim Lingner <jl at openoffice.org>
Date:   Thu Oct 12 12:15:53 2000 +0000

    Sequences can now be converted into SAFEARRAYs of a specified type.
Sequence<Sequence<..>> etc. can be converted into SAFEARRAY with
multiple dimensions.

	Which doesn't tally well with talk of this working in 3.2 and breaking
in 3.3 / 3.4 ... but if it improves life markedly and the users are
happy ... :-)

	ATB,

		Michael