[Libreoffice] Windows build tagging ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Oct 31 08:06:28 PDT 2011

Hi Christian,

On Fri, 2011-10-28 at 15:43 +0200, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> Git log on the notes object is not the same as git notes list.

	Ah ! this was my missing piece :-) so your approach sounds much better
indeed.

> the log is sequential/chronological as is any other commit.
..
> See above: "git *log* -p `git notes get-ref`" :-) and with the
> additional -S earch you can filter that log output to only contain the
> wanted ones.

	Strangely my 'git notes get-ref' doesn't exist:

$ git notes get-ref
error: Unknown subcommand: get-ref

	Otherwise it sounds like this'd be ideal ( I have git 1.7.3.4 ).

> git log -p -S"win32 working build" `git notes get-ref`
> gives you only the annotation commits, and contains the annotated revision
>
> I didn't just suggest things by only reading the manpage, I also
> played with it....

	Sure; so it sounds like as/when people's git's are upgraded, this would
be much faster and cleaner than grepping the whole log output thus:

	hash=`git log --pretty='%H %N' | grep 'win32 working build' | head -n1 | sed 's/ win32.*//'`

	And presumably we should be using a namespace for that too in the most
recent notes impl.

	Anyhow - I pushed something that works as of now; we just need someone
to insert the best note they can as/when a build really builds [ pending
the dependency fix for the manifest file I guess ].

	Thanks !

		Michael.