[Libreoffice] Bringing some sanity to interline spacing

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Sep 1 02:03:40 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-08-31 at 23:54 -0600, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> > The attached patch is an attempt to bring some sanity to the situation:
>
> It seems that you have investigate this quite deeply and I would love
> to commit and push your patch. However, I am a bit scared. Could
> somebody else who actually understands the issues involved have a
> look?

I think we're all too chicken to man-up and look at this one :-)

I guess the major fear isn't that your code is wrong, it's probably
right, it's what stuff relying on the old way of doing things will
change. I've been planning, but delayed on tracking down a mystery 2
point offset :-), to put together a "did my layout change" regression
test which would have been perfect to test this.

caolan->tor: I suggest bunging this in for now, but putting the old
algorithm behind an getenv(SAL_OLD_METRICS) or something for easy
side-by-side testing ?

I'd be interested in knowing what effects the change has on typical
fonts as opposed to the edge cases, i.e. does text rendered in
Liberation Serif, Sans, Monotype stay basically the same.

C.