[Libreoffice] bug in vcl make files?

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 06:47:26 PDT 2011

On 1 September 2011 15:14, Jenei Gábor <jengab at elte.hu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As I tried to compile vcl module with raised dbglevel I found out the
> following error at linking:
>

> /home/LOff/libo/workdir/unxlngi6.pro/CxxObject/vcl/unx/headless/svpgdi.o: In
> function `dbgOut(boost::shared_ptr<basebmp::BitmapDevice> const&)':
> svpgdi.cxx:(.text._Z6dbgOutRKN5boost10shared_ptrIN7basebmp12BitmapDeviceEEE[dbgOut(boost::shared_ptr<basebmp::BitmapDevice>
> const&)]+0x13a): undefined reference to
> `basebmp::debugDump(boost::shared_ptr<basebmp::BitmapDevice> const&,
> std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&)'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: ***
> [/home/LOff/libo/workdir/unxlngi6.pro/LinkTarget/Library/libvclplug_svplo.so]
> Error 1
>
> As I saw in cpp code this should be ok, so probably basebmp debug.cxx is not
> marked for linking in the project. Could someone look at this issue who
> knows make files?

That's not about makefiles. debugDump() is not marked for exporting,
you can do this in cxx file with SAL_DLLPUBLIC_EXPORT
or in hxx files. But in hxx you need to use library specific macro defined as in
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/basebmp/inc/basebmp/bitmapdevice.hxx#42
It's more complicated because of error in windows compilers, I think.

I have pushed this one. (
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=e21822008dff0c618e8947d7343bc70d51d47ec3
)

Matus