[Libreoffice] Fw from tdf-discuss: Howto start building from tarball for Solaris x86

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Fri Sep 2 00:12:31 PDT 2011

Hi Karl,

On Thu, Sep 01, 2011 at 01:57:57PM +0200, Karl Behler wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone can help me with my libreoffice build from
> source problem. Meanwhile I did two trials, one on solaris and one
> on suse 11.4.
>
> Both failed at the point where the real source is required to "make"
> libreoffice.
> The automatic fetch from the web seems not to work since there are
> some web servers missing.
> There is no hint how to spreadout the tarball of source code so that
> it is recognized by the configre and make.
> So the bootstrap procedure foreseen in the bootstrap package seems
> to be broken.

If you need to port LibreOffice and build from source tarballs, it would be
best to start with the current development version (which will become 3.5.0);
the number of distribution files has been considerably reduced and changes
can be integrated more easily.

Have a look at this Makefile, it describes a minimal set of tarballs
needed to get a build going:
http://pkgsrc-wip.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pkgsrc-wip/wip/libreoffice/Makefile?hideattic=1&revision=1.17&view=markup

You'll need the core dictionaries and help files, and the ones described in
the MORE_DISTFILES list

If you run pkgsrc on your systems, the package should at the bare minimum
download the files for you.

--
Francois Tigeot