[Libreoffice] Bringing some sanity to interline spacing

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 20:53:51 PDT 2011

Hi guys,

On Thu, 2011-09-01 at 10:03 +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:

> I guess the major fear isn't that your code is wrong, it's probably
> right, it's what stuff relying on the old way of doing things will
> change.

So, I was wondering why the default row height of a new Calc document
has suddenly shrunk from the old 0.18" (in 3.4) to 0.15" on master.
After looking at various places, I have eventually truck it down to this
particular change.  Also, the heights of the controls are overall
noticeably shorter.

But based on what I'm seeing on this thread, I take that the new glyph
metric calculation algorithm is the correct way?  If so, then we'll have
to make some adjustments to some of the size sensitive areas to bring
things back to the way they were prior to the change.  One place I
definitely have to adjust is the default row height, which is now
noticeably smaller.

But before going there, I just need to make sure that we are on the same
page wrt keeping the new algorithm and moving on to fixing whatever
needs fixing.

Regards,

Kohei

--